Thursday, October 09, 2008

Ye Brings Forward Album Release

After originally being scheduled for a December 16th release date, hip-hop superstar Kanye West is now planning to drop his highly anticipated fourth studio album, 808s & Heartbreak, a month earlier than previously announced.
"I changed my album to November something cause I finished the album and I felt like it," the rapper revealed recently on his personal blog. "I want y’all to hear it as soon as possible."
This decision squashes any rumours that West would be having an album sales rematch with 50 Cent, whose fourth LP, Before I Self-Destruct, was slated to be released a week before 808s & Heartbreak on December 9th.
Last year 50's album Curtis dropped on the same day as Kanye's Graduation and 50 vowed that he would retire if 'Ye outsold him in first week sales. Kanye wound up winning the battle, selling a whopping 957,000 units to 50 Cent's 691,000. Ye's first single off the new project, "Love Lockdown," currently holds the number 1 spot on iTunes' top songs list.

No comments: