Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TI New Album Leaves More Than A Paper Trail

Atlanta rap star T.I. has taken his hit making streak to the next level with a historic showing on this week’s Billboard albums and singles charts. The rapper’s latest release, Paper Trail, entered the Billboard 200 at No. 1 with 568,000 copies sold in its first week. The ranking, which was echoed on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, Top Rap Albums and Top Digital Albums charts, marks T.I.’s third consecutive number one album behind his last two platinum-certified albums, 2006's King and 2007's T.I. VS. T.I.P. Paper Trail’s showing was one of two achievements for T.I. In addition to topping the Billboard singles chart, “Live Your Life” had the biggest-ever first-week digital singles sales in history, with downloads of nearly 335,000. A video for the platinum-certified track, currently in post-production, is slated to premiere on music video outlets in the coming weeks.

No comments: